Code Blue Saratoga provides emergency overnight shelter to
homeless people in the Saratoga Springs region.
A code blue night is when
the expected low temperature is below 20
or more than 12 inches of snowfall is forecast.
Located at: St. Peters Parish Center 64 Hamilton Street (518 409-2352) (directions)
Signup to volunteer for this event.
Notify the meal coordinator of your interest in donating meals.
We're scraping the bottom of the barrel for meal donations, and the supply list has some urgently needed items.
Donate Supplies Donate Money
help operate the shelter in conjuction with professional staff from local social service groups and agencies.
Setup and cleanup teams:
- Prepare the shelter at the start of a code blue emergency.
- Clean the shelter each morning.
- Shutdown the shelter at the end of an emergency.
- Staff the shelter in 4 hour shifts.
- Greet the homeless when they arrive, help them settle in.
- Distribute meals when appropriate.
- Provide a compassionate ear as needed.
- Help assure everyone has a safe good night's sleep.
- Adults only, no children or teens
- During morning cleanup, pick up used blankets and transport them to a commercial cleaner.
- When cleaner is finished, return the cleaned blankets to the shelter in the afternoon.
Meal Pickup and Delivery:
- In the afternoon pickup food from a local restaurant and deliver to the shelter by 5:15.
- A coordinator will contact you with instructions.
The shelter also needs donations of supplies.
Please join our mailing list to be alerted to future code blue nights.
Please send your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org